- Vector Group has a proven history of bringing effective organizational change to multiple organizations operating globally for over 30 years.
- We know what we are doing (Partner credentials and experience along with deep bench strength of consultants and associates). We have no novices on our teams. All our people have successful track records as managers within organizations and as independent consultants before they become Vector Group Consultants.
- We have a cadre of professionals with depth and breadth of experience including real life experience facing issues similar to what our clients face.
- We believe in and encourage knowledge and skills transfer. We are willing to freely share what we know and we build internal capability to whatever level of expertise the client requests and supports. To the extent that you desire it, our expertise stays behind.
- We are prepared to be held accountable to “client-defined outcomes” vs. consultant-defined outcomes.
- We work in partnership with our client organizations. We work first on mutual goals: Why is Vector Group brought in? What are expected outcomes? We then develop mutual accountability with the client. We prevent our client from being dependent on us and we work toward independence.
- We customize our approaches, tactics, and interventions based on each unique client situation.
- Vector Group directly addresses behavior as well as activities to help people be more effective. Many consulting firms don’t address behavior but only focus on surface issues such as tasks or activities. This is akin to only “greasing the squeaky wheel” and never getting to the cause.
- We are business consultants first and foremost, focused on helping your organization be successful.
What are Vector Group‘s principles and values?
WHAT we do is partnering and goal alignment. HOW we do it is based on:
- We expect honesty and openness. We always tell the truth and demand the same in return from our client. There are no big issues are left under the table. We will raise any issue and expect a considered response and vice versa. We share risk and responsibility. We enter a true partnership with our clients and work together toward bringing hoped for results.
- We demand mutual respect. We view our clients as adults: bright, responsible, effective adults of goodwill. We assume best intentions. We aren’t the client’s saviors but we find ways to free people from obstacles that are squelching their potential and squelching the potential of the organization itself. We expect to be treated as valued business partners.
What are Vector Group’s criteria for accepting clients?
(1) Is the client really serious about change? Are they committed to change?
(2) Can we help? Are we good at it or should someone else do it? We won’t do work that we can’t do in an excellent manner.
(3) Will we enjoy working with a client? As partners in their business? Will we have “fun” and learn?
(4) Can we be paid reasonable fees for our expertise, depth of experience, intellectual property and our unwavering commitment to exceeding client expectations?
Bottom Line: Vector Group, Inc. is a premier, global, boutique consulting firm that is much more reasonably priced than the Big 4. We have never turned down a client based on #4 above.