EIGHT STEP STRATEGIC ALIGNMENT PROCESS
Vector Group, Inc.
Note: Italicized items are variable in length and content depending upon the current organizational situation.
- Review business plan and overall organizational Strategic Intent.
- Achieve ringing clarity from CEO to on plan/organizational intent – and then solicit CEO views of what is working and what is not and ascertain what measures, if any, are utilized.
- Complete an Organizational Scan.
- Review results with CEO and plan meeting with executive group.
- Issues-Based Team Building (one or more sessions of one or more days each) minimum output is clarity and agreement on strategy/business intent and development of set of organizational values to support the business plan.
- All managers session. Minimum output is clarity on Strategy, Intent, and Values and an articulation of necessary Management Practices to implement the strategy/intent. (Create Action Learning Teams to investigate and resolve Infrastructure Issues, if necessary).
- Feedback based session for managers to develop individual action plans. (Follow up sessions as necessary)
- All staff sessions. Minimum output is clarity on strategy, intent, understanding of management activity around infrastructure. and feedback, and solicitation of their ideas suggestions. (Follow–up sessions as necessary.)
© Vector Group, Inc., 1998, 2010